Kuchiganaya District Townscape (Mine Cart Tracks)
Built in 1920 for the transportation of ore and goods between the Ikuno Mine headquarters and branch office (the former Ikuno Station), remnants of the mine cart tracks can still be seen today on the right-hand bank of the Ichikawa River near Himemiya-jinja Shrine. The mine cart tracks along the Ichikawa River were made with stones from the stone wall of the Ikuno magistrate’s office and included continuous arches highly valued among experts as an important part of civil engineering history.
|Address||〒 Kuchiganaya, Ikuno-cho, Asago City, Hyogo 679-3301|
|Public transportation access||10 minutes on foot from Ikuno Sta. (JR Bantan Line)|